Google Apps is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps you and your team connect and get work done from anywhere on any device. It allows you to work smarter and focus on what really matters … your business.
Core features of Google Apps include Docs, Sheets, and Slides. These productivity apps let you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store them online in your Google Drive.
- Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. With Docs, you can create rich documents with images, tables, equations, drawings, links and more. Gather input and manage feedback with social commenting.
- Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and simultaneously work with other people. With Sheets, keep and share lists, track projects, analyze data and track results with our powerful spreadsheet editor. Use tools like advanced formulas, embedded charts, filters and pivot tables to get new perspectives on your data.
- Google Slides is an online presentations app that allows you to show off your work in a visual way. With Slides presentation editor, you can create beautiful and impactful presentations, which supports things like embedded videos, animations and dynamic slide transitions. Publish your presentations on the web so anyone can view them, or share them privately.
You can access the documents, spreadsheets, and presentations you create from any computer, anywhere in the world. There’s even some work you can do without an Internet connection! In the Docs, Sheets and Slides editors, multiple people can work on the same document at the same time for real time collaboration that’s reliable, safe and secure.
Google Docs is designed for security and reliability with features like encrypted connections to Google’s servers, real-time file save, simultaneous replicated storage for your documents, built-in disaster recovery and fine-grained sharing controls that let you share your work with the right people.
Here are short videos to help you learn more about using Google Docs.
- Google Docs Overview
- Create a form in Google Docs
- Using Forms in Google Docs
- Create a new Google Spreadsheet
- Share a Google Spreadsheet
- Embed content in a Google Presentation
- Create a new Google Document
- Look up a word in Google Docs