Google Apps is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps you and your team connect and get work done from anywhere on any device. It allows you to work smarter and focus on what really matters, your business.
Google Sites—a core feature within Google Apps, is a web-based application that makes building shared-workspace websites for your organization as easy as editing a document. With Google Sites, teams can quickly gather a variety of information in one place -including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and text and easily share it for viewing or editing with a small group, an entire organization, or the world. As a business user, you can use Google Sites to set up internal project sites, intranets or public-facing web sites.
Here’s what you can do with Google Sites
- Build custom project sites without writing a single line of code. It’s as easy as writing a document. And, to save even more time, you can choose from hundreds of pre-built templates. You can choose page types including webpage, announcements, file cabinet and more. Once you create your site, you can customize the content for your business. Many business configure their Google Sites so that they appear under a custom domain URL, such as www.example.com. As people navigate your site, they will remain on www.example.com unless they click an external link.
- Have a central location for your web content and offline files. Use your team site to organize everything from calendars to documents to presentations to videos. Built-in Google-powered search makes it easy to find exactly what you’re looking for later.
- Keep your site as private or public as you’d like. Share your site with your team, your entire company or even a customer or partner with the click of a button. You control who can view and who can edit your site and you can always adjust settings later. Google Sites lets you set different access lists for different pages of each site. You could use this to let a partner or vendor see only the relevant part of your project site or to built an entire intranet for your company with the right access for each division.
- Google Sites comes with loads of storage. Your company gets a quota of 10GB + 500MB for each user at your company for attaching files. Documents, calendars and videos embedded from Google Docs don’t count against this quota.
- Google Sites is designed for security and reliability with features like encrypted connections to Google’s servers, real-time file save, simultaneous replicated storage for your sites, built-in disaster recovery and fine-grained sharing controls that let you share your work with the right people.
Not interested in building your own sites? MarketWorks can help! We provide cost-effective Google Site design and custom development services for just about any type of business or industry.